Ten mouth-watering dinner ideas for New Year’s Eve 2023Back
New Year is almost knocking on our doors. And the best way to celebrate 2023 is by arranging a grand dinner with family and friends. So, tell me, what are your New Year’s Eve dinner plans? Are you planning to dine out? Or going to cook some luscious dinner recipes at home? Whatever the plan is, everything goes well when the food is divine. A succulent and flavourful meal with the perfect cocktail pairing is the best way to say goodbye to 2022. But if you feel too lazy to visit restaurants in Perth city or prepare an enticing dinner, throw some sausages on the barbie, and those juicy snags can be your perfect gala meal.
A perfect New Year’s Eve dinner
According to you, what’s a typical New Year dinner? Well, it depends on the place you reside. For example, if you are an American, you probably would celebrate with a Champagne toast while Mexicans are busy munching on 12 grapes with each clock chime. Typically, Australians grill sausage, steak, and lamb on the barbie to ring in the new year. People in Scotland practise the custom of “first footing” by visiting a neighbour’s home with presents of shortbread, a black bun, and whisky. Whereas in Estonia, it’s traditional to eat seven, nine, or twelve meals, with a portion of leftovers reserved for the spirits of the ancestors who visit the house on New Year’s Eve. Hence, there’s no perfect recipe for a New Year’s Eve dinner, as every culture follows different traditions on this special occasion. So, if you want a traditional menu or something festive according to your mood, go with it because it’s all about customization. No rules applied!
Lucky foods that will bring luck in 2023
New Year is welcomed in many different ways. Sometimes it’s a great party with friends or celebrating a tradition with families and loved ones. In various cultures, the New Year celebration has a different meaning altogether. Some popular beliefs suggest that eating specific foods can bring good luck in the upcoming year, and in the same way, avoiding particular foods can save you from bad luck.
Let’s find out the lucky foods you can incorporate into your New Year’s Eve dinner and the ones that should be avoided.
New year’s foods that bring luck:
Popular folklore says eating these dishes on New Year’s Day will bring you luck the entire year.
- According to legend, peas or beans represent money or wealth. Pick classic black-eyed peas, lentils, or beans to prepare a dish with pork, ham, or sausage as the main ingredient.
- Greens have the appearance of folded money. Hence, boiled cabbage or sauerkraut, collard greens, kale, chard, mustard greens, turnip greens, or other green, leafy vegetables can be used in meals to bring good fortune in the upcoming year.
- Because pigs tend to move forward, some cultures view pork as a symbol of prosperity. Hence, it’s common to see pork or ham in Southern New Year’s Day dishes.
- Freshly baked cornbreads resemble the appearance of gold and go well with black-eyed peas and greens. A perfect addition to a dinner menu that screams “Carbs but healthy”!
- In other cultures, dumplings, longevity noodles, and grapes are considered very lucky and devouring them can bring prosperity in the upcoming year.
- Others believe that fish, ring-shaped cakes, doughnuts, or cakes with hidden treasures are symbols of luck.
Now, let’s move on to the list of unlucky foods:
- Some think lobster represents terrible luck since it goes backwards and could portend setbacks and problems for the upcoming year.
- On New Year’s Day, people should avoid chicken meals, as it scratches backwards and has wings. So, your luck might take off or turn wrong if you consume a chicken dinner.
List of ten mouth-watering dinner ideas for home and to order at restaurants
New Year’s Eve dinner ideas at home
If you are a big-time foodie like us, here are five dinner ideas you would like to incorporate into your menu for your New Year bash.
- Slow Cooker Hoppin’ John and jollof rice
- Skillet Mexican Cornbread with pork shoulder
- Crispy Caramelized Pork Ramen Noodle Soup
- Pan Seared Ribeye with Herb Butter
- Brown Butter Scallops with Parmesan Risotto
These are some of the fantastic dishes you can serve as a main course at your dinner parties and pair them with a bottle of Shiraz or Merlot for extra oomph, and lastly, end the meal with a devil’s food cake. So if you are planning to surprise your family or close friends on New Year’s Eve, a luscious dinner party with warm home-cooked meals is the perfect call.
- Celebrating New Year’s Eve at Restaurants
Visiting a Perth Restaurant can be ideal if you plan to dine out. Fraser’s restaurant is one place where you can enjoy sumptuous and delicious dishes and an elegant ambience that can be food for your eyes. So, here is the list of five items you can order from restaurants in Perth city during New Year’s Eve.
- Grilled fillet of Goldband snapper
- Kingfish Ceviche and chipotle aioli
- Beef Carpaccio
- Linley Valley Pork Belly
- Tuna Tataki & Atlantic Salmon
As the main course is decided, it’s time to hop on the cocktail ideas that pair well with every dish. For example, the Espresso Martini, Pina Colada, Long Island Iced Tea or a classic Margarita can be the perfect accompaniment to all your meals. And for desserts, there’s an endless list which can end your meals on a sweet note. Like a classic Crème Brulée, a bourbon vanilla cheesecake or a chocolate Mousse, etc., any of them can end your meal on a sweet note. But if you have a sweet tooth, consider ordering more than one dessert before summing up your feast.
An elegant and classic dining experience- Fraser’s Restaurant
At Fraser’s, you don’t just come here to eat; you come here to gain an experience like no other. Out of all Perth restaurants, Fraser’s restaurant, located at King’s Park Perth, constantly strives to serve you the best quality dishes and the perfect atmosphere with friendly staff. Our exclusive dining experience includes private dining rooms with intimate spaces for weddings, family parties, client meet-ups, and corporate meetings. It can hold all kinds of events along with access to a private patio and views of the lovely Swan River and Perth city. As a believer in sustainability, we have seasonal menus that depend on fresh produce from the market that help us maintain a balanced menu that is delicious and better for the earth. Our executive Chef Chris Taylor carefully curates the menus for special events, and we delight in ensuring that the food will be one of the highlights of your special day. So, what are you waiting for? Book your tables for New Year’s Eve dinner and enjoy a dining experience that will stay with you forever.
Ending on a chocolaty, sweet note
All your New Year’s Eve plan should have a meaningful end so that when you step into the New Year, the pleasant memories of your celebration should linger year long. So, before you plan your dinner parties, make sure you bond with every loved one and well-wisher who will assist you in having a great ending this year and a superb start to your New Year.