Healthy Meals to Try Out in the Upcoming Year 2023Back
What is your new year’s resolution? Are you going to turn into a health freak? Understood. Then you must be craving a healthy meal that will satisfy your hunger and delight your heart. Well, that’s quite a bunch of expectations. But no worries, we at Fraser’s restaurant got you covered. Healthy foods are always boring, right? Wrong! A misconception about a healthy meal is that it has to be bland and tasteless. But the truth is, nutritious food can be tasty and exciting too, which you can consume without feeling guilty.
Eating easy healthy recipes is not only essential to support your body’s health, but it also improves your overall well-being. Here’s a list of benefits of eating healthy foods and maintaining a balanced diet:
- It improves your mood, reduces anxiety and stress, and prevents depression. It reduces the risk of heart disease, diabetes and cancer.
- Eating fibre-rich foods like fruits and vegetables keeps your digestive system healthy.
What exactly is healthy food?
Many factors make up the nutritional value of any meal, such as its calorie count, fat content, fibre content and the amount of sugar in each serving. Foods high in fibre include grains like rice, fruits like raspberries and oranges, vegetables like carrots, and seasonal greens that help maintain your physical well-being. Healthy meal ideas are essential to our health because it helps us maintain a balanced diet and avoid obesity and diabetes. You can obtain the proper nutrition needed for the body by eating healthy foods and avoiding junk food as they are composed of unhealthy fats, sugar, salt and preservatives that can cause damaging effects on our bodies over time.
Delicious foods that are healthy too
Now, let’s find the healthy dinner recipes on our menu that will take care of your health and also please your taste buds.
- Beef carpaccio (with native thyme, saltbush, and pecorino): Carpaccio has a deficient caloric intake and is high in protein, ideal for weight control and fat intake. It provides a multitude of vitamins and nutrients since it preserves all the properties of the food by not going through any cooking process. With many benefits, a carpaccio or tartare is a good bet on a hot day or as a light starter.
- Freshly shucked oysters (with shallot, red wine vinegar and lime): Oysters are low in calories and high in micronutrients, which is why it is considered a healthy food. The maximum amount of vitamin B12 makes them an ideal food for keeping your brain healthy. It’s a good source of protein and contains high amounts of omega-3 fatty acids, zinc, selenium, and iron. Our freshly shucked oysters with the perfect seasoning and dressing can be a fine meal.
- Grilled Snapper fillet (with caponata, confit fennel and herb dressing): Snapper is slightly more delicate than Grouper and produces a more profound and sweet flavour when grilled – one of the best and most popular ways to serve it. Fish is an essential source of omega-3 fatty acids keeping our hearts and brain healthy. Our bodies can’t produce omega-3 fatty acids. Hence, we must opt for fish, especially grilled ones, so that the nutrient stays intact.
- Chicken breast (with heirloom carrots, tahini, and roast carrot puree): The study confirmed that chicken is just as incredible and nutritious as we’ve always known. It’s a veritable superfood because of its number of nutrients and nutritional properties. This type of poultry is an excellent source of lean protein. Chicken is also a good source of vitamin B, vitamin D, calcium, iron, zinc, and trace amounts of vitamins A and C.
- Mezze Maniche pasta (with sauté prawns, snapper, baby capers, lemon, and dill): Pasta is a fat-free, low-sodium food that can be a part of any weight-loss plan. And with the addition of seafood, our pasta dish is a balanced combination of nutrition and taste, thus no compromise on health and flavour.
- Yellowfin tuna tataki (with soy caviar, avocado wasabi and daikon): Ironically, eating fatty fish can help combat a fatty liver. Fishes like tuna, salmon, sardines and trout are all high in omega-3 fatty acids, which can help lower the liver’s fat levels and reduce inflammation. Our yellowfin tuna tataki is a light appetiser that is safe to eat, is low in calories and contains high omega-3 and vitamin B. So, just dive into our menu and enjoy as much food as possible without compromising your health.
- Chargrilled octopus (with tarama, oregano, new potato and red mizuma): Octopus is rich in many essential vitamins and minerals, making it an ideal choice for your seafood palette. Specifically, a serving of octopus is high in vitamin B12, potassium, iron, magnesium, and certain fatty acids.
- Soft shell crab (pink onion, black vinegar and cumin salt): Soft shell crabs are an excellent choice for anyone on a diet who wants to lose weight. It is mainly because soft crabs are extremely low in calories and contain almost no saturated fat. This seafood is healthier than other meat options.
- Charred baby carrots (with sesame paste and gremolata): Baby carrots are loaded with beneficial nutrients. Your body can easily absorb the carotenoids in carrots if you eat them cooked (especially grilled) rather than raw. So, it’s always better to roast, steam, and sauté to ensure that the nutrient content is intact. Not only do they have high quantities of various nutrients like vitamins A and C, but carrots are also extremely low in calories and high in fibre. As a result, they are an excellent weight loss food.
- Heirloom Tomato Bruschetta: Bruschetta is a healthy appetiser as it contains low calories, carbs, and smaller amounts of fat. Despite being a smaller dish, bruschetta has significant health benefits too. Mainly a tomato bruschetta contains all the benefits of a tomato as they contain potassium and Vitamin C. They are also rich in antioxidants and can magically boost your body’s health.
- Sautéed Mushroom Bruchetta: Our Bruschetta with mushrooms is another great healthy appetiser that offers low calories too. Mushrooms are high in antioxidants, fibre and protein, making them a superfood for vegans.
- Rocket & Pear Salad (with Chardonnay vinegar dressing): A decent portion of pear and rocket salad can fulfil your hunger and add a kick to your tongue with our exotic chardonnay vinegar dressing.
- Chickpea Falafel (with chargrilled carrot, carrot puree, fennel salad, and tahini sauce): Chickpeas falafel is high in micronutrients like iron, manganese and magnesium and is packed with protein and fibre, making them ideal for vegetarians. It can help curb your appetite, maintain healthy blood sugar levels, and lower your risk of chronic disease. Hence, falafel is an ideal snack or a great lunch dish that cares for your health and keeps you full for a long time.
- Seasonal Greens (with evoo and sea salt): Any leafy greens are healthy to consume, especially in salads. And with the addition of extra virgin olive oil and sea salt, it becomes delicious too.
- Mushroom and Leek risotto (with sautee swiss brown mushrooms and parmesan): Risotto is a low-calorie food packed with various nutrients due to its ability to include multiple ingredients like stock, rice, vegetables, spices, seafood, peas, and many more. The nutrients in risotto are sodium, carbohydrates, fibre, sugar and protein. Also, parmesan cheese used in risotto is healthy because it’s easy to digest and full of essential nutrients like calcium. It’s also lactose-free, so it’s safe for people with lactose intolerance.
- Raspberry sorbet: Sorbet is a nice treat, free of fat and filled with the health benefits of fresh fruits. The raspberry sorbet on our menu is rich in carotenoids, antioxidants, essential vitamins and fibre making them a better alternative to creamy ice creams or decadent desserts.
Hence, we mentioned some of the best recipes on our menu, specially created by our chefs to suit the Aussie tastebud. Among all the restaurants in Perth city, Fraser’s restaurant is sure to impress you with its range of exotic and healthy menus and a separate menu for vegans. We also have a collection of beneficial wines like pinot noir, rated as the healthiest wine of all as it contains high quantities of resveratrol. This wine uses thin-skin grapes, has low sugar, fewer calories, and significantly lower alcohol content, making it ideal for health-conscious people.